Saturday, August 16, 2014

YO YO IM ON DA INTANETTT



HEYYY!!!! Its that magical time of week again! I'm going to give you a highlight of each day then tell you some happenings, then reply to your wonderful cards.

Sunday: So I spoke in church. Our branch pres doesn't tell who is speaking till 2 min before. Like after the Sacrament he gets up and announces the speakers. We all know the topic and are supposed to be prepare a talk just in case. SURPRISE it was me! I had a feeling a couple of days before though. The topic was enduring to the end. So I just took up my scrips and read 2 Nephi 31 "press forward..." and talked about it. I told some stories, it was a great ol' time. Also I got called to be the music chairwoman so I walked down and conducted, walked back up, walked down etc. Then later that day me and Sis. F taught the "Sunday school" class for our district about the same topic. HA I was so involved. It was good, I drew a picture of the Pantheon and talked about how it relates to endure to the end, it was grand. Later that day we had devotional, RS, lots of good stuff.  For movie night we watched The Testaments. Lemme just say, people are starved for love here. whenever there was ANY interaction towards the bronzed beauty who lived in Korihor's house and the main dude people were "OOOOOHHHHH!!!" you know. The kiss was almost unbearable. Also the line where he says "it would much please me.....if you would take my hand in marriage" or something like that. I felt like I was watching, I don't know what, but from the crowd it was like they've never seen a boy and a girl together ever. So that was distracting, but it was fun to watch a "real" movie :)

Monday: cleaned the potties, ran around the track (uh), taught "Veronica" about repentance and being clean again. It was so cool and I felt the spirit and I cant wait till they are real Filipinos!!

Tuesday: taught REAL volunteers at the TRC! We shared a message with an older Filipino lady who was worried about her daughter never getting married. She is her only child and she thinks she's the greatest and she was mad that no boys were picking up on that ;) we taught her about faith and how it means faith in God's timing too. sups cool

Wed: leaned and studied language like a mad woman. Watched a clip of general conf in Tagalog! crazy! It was so fast! But after 20 times and with the help of our dictionaries, our district could piece it together. so cool

TH: so this day I went to bkfast and got this thing called "blueberry pancakes on a stick" cool right? I thought so, so I took a huge bite. WHADAYAKNOW there is a sausage hiding in there. He was so cozy in his little blueberry blanket. At first I was repulsed, but then once the shock wore off I ate it all and it was quite good. I just never expect meat to be hidden inside other foods. Oh ya I also had onion rings this day.  And at night for midnight snack I had a bread stick with cheese in the micro <3 hearts forever 

FRI: I learned (again) that my job is to help someone see the relevance of the gospel to their lives. Our teacher explained it like this. She taught us some things about her film class at BYU, about different types of sound in a scene, or sound you add in later. She talked to us a lot about it and we were all like, ok sure. She asked us questions and we answered them but were like, ya ok so?? She said it's like the gospel. If you just ramble about the correct authority of baptism and priesthood and what the Holy Ghost is they will be like, ok ya so why? so I drew this little pic because this is how I see it in my mind (refer to picture now)

Ok the happs:
-GUESS WHAAT. Me and Sis F just realized this week that for the past 3 weeks, the whole time we've been here.....we've been....we've been...(brace yourself) washing our clothes with fabric softener. Or really, not washing our clothes at all. Just getting them wet and putting a scent on them. why.

-The other day I was putting ranch on my food and the ladle was being difficult and I poured a whole ladles worth of ranch on my cookie and Doritos. Why do bad things happen to good people. (Don't worry I had fries and sponged that mess right up!)

-THE OTHA DAY i walked into the classroom and saw a package slip on my desk!!!!! I was so excited I was dancing around! In the act of which, one of my shoes fell off.  So I decided to kick the other off too. WELL of all the places it could have gone, it HITS THE PICTURE OF JESUS ABOVE THE WHITEBOARD. It smacked so loud. Oh my goodness. Everyone gasped and i quickly thrusted myself onto the nearest horizontal surface and buried my head in shame. I can't believe I did that.  Now everyone is like "well you kicked Jesus so......" and now all my comments are invalid. UGHHHH I feel so bad.

-So in better news, me and sister W decided to share our talents and we checked out a cello and piano duet and now will be playing tomorrow and then auditioning for devotional musical number next week maybe. It's quite grand to be playing again, the song is so purty.  We got "Our Savior's Love" and "The Spirit of God" and they sound so cool.  My fingers are cruisin for a bruisin though (ya i just made that ref. Hannah stop laughing)

-My table of my zone was so curious to what I eat at home and i told them burritos. Then we got talking, I told them about my obsession, my private dealer, how I got fresh tortillas from a taco bus on my bday, how I got a case of 56 burros for Christmas and the following transport to Idaho via carry on bag, etc. I was laughing so hard rice krispies were flying out of my trap.  They were all "GET ME MY FIX" and making jokes about my shady dealings. I won't tell them about how I get them in case they want some too. So now I'm like the shady figure I guess. I have an underground dealer and kicked Jesus. It's like I don't even know who I am anymore.

Ok to people:
Hannah: omgee remember when we decided to run from one pier to another on the beach? and we were running in our swimsuits? HAHA i thought about that in the dressing room of the temple and laughed so hard. and also i missed you so hard :'''''''''( PS how many laffy taffies did you read to get those jokes? I thought I might try one out and so when someone came in our room I said "close the door I'm dressing!" Ha turns out that only works when the speaker is an actual bottle of salad dressing. For me it wasn't a joke, it was just a peeping tom. PPS the new home? all i can think of THE GRAVE (you know what I mean) OH WAIT oh my goodness i was DYING bout the story of Livi and the recording and the mooning. HAHSAHSHSHSHEUHTHQROHFADHQTAJL that is so fuunyyyy I wish I could have been there!! Trader Joe's and Brio sounds yum, yyum yumm.  And no I love your emails I print them as I eat bfast so I have time to read them all. So keep telling me funny things!!

Livi: thanks for the card!! I sure hope they will be lucky to get me as their missionary, I'm trying! I'm glad school is going good! Sorry about your incident with Hannah :)))))))

AB: your ipod case sounds DA BEST! every stuffed animal should get holes in their backs for their ipods! YA! OK! Han and the scorp on her back GAH! that reminds me, last Sunday I watched in horror as a spider literally ran so fast up an elders back AND INTO HIS BACK COLLAR!!!! I was gasping and shrieking in horror and couldn't make words, only point. SWHTEOIHJS;H i just got the chills I HATE THEMEMMMMMMM
ps i like warm bodies. (ha!) it has a great soundtrack, the movie is kinda weird but I'm drawn to it in some way. idk. don't hate, 'ppreciate!

Matt: Yo, bro. I'm sorry I can't eat all the el pato or punch you for the last pizza slice.  As far as the el pato comes you'll have to take the reigns for me. chug dat thang. ps all the elders are telling me about mario kart 10 or whatever and i so wish i wouldn't have thought it was weird to go over to your friend's house with you and play it. hhh.. anyways love you! stay sweet XO

MOM: 1. Tagalog. I know! its crazy how much i know but i really don't know that much, I need/should know a lot more by now.
2. I know its so crazy I'm HALFWAY DONE!! WHUTTT. Also we get our travel plans next Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!! like plane tickets and itinerary etc!!! ps i leave Sept 4th
3. My comps are great! sis L is going to Cauyan so I will prob never see her again. this week we became good friends, turns out she's crazy inside of that sweet outer shell! not crazy but we say things like "HAYY GRRL DANG YOU BE LOOKIN FINE~!!" and things like that. Today we were singing "I want it that way" by the bstreet boys. We treated ourselves because it was PDAY! "cuuuzz I want it thaaaaat way!!"
4. Our first investigator was a lady, we taught her 4 times, thought it was real, then BAM she's our teacher. Should have known. now we have 2 progressing investigators that are 2 of our other teachers. we teach them and they go so deep into character. It's so they can know what to teach us better and so we can practice.
5. PUMPED bout the no news about spiders. I hate them. Refer to Abby's reply. And sponging down in the CR (comfort room, you say CR in Tagalog) sounds OK to me. NBD mom.
6. No crock pot. don't send one. i will survive
7. Megan--what a mom already.
8. Gym time? we either A. walk outside, out by the field by the Provo temple. I love Utah grass. B. go to the gym and run around the track. C. sleep D. play cello E. study, write letters, misc
9. Nooooooo problem sleeping, I'm so tired at the end of the day and it feels like when I wake up I've only been asleep for 15 mins. I just didn't get sleep because some sisters were moving out and were packing but its ok I'm doing good.
10. The package was GRRREATT! loved it. the cards were so cute. I'm eating the chocolate all the time. The cookies were smushed but delish. the shoes work, the shorts work, I'm so stylin ;)

Dad: Cool story about the callings in the ward. this week i heard from someone who works close with Pres. Monson that when things are getting rough in the church and people ask him what he's going to do, or how he's going to handle it he just says "I don't know it's not my church, the Lord will take care of it". It's so true, the Lord will do his work. We are just the delivery system and should try to be as unbiased and translucent as possible. Alma 26:22 is great! I need to do that! the ppines is the 2nd highest baptizing mission in the WORLD says Pres. Howard. The people are so ready to hear the gospel. Eventually with enough generations it will be a thousand! "you can count the seeds in the apple but you cant count the apples in a seed"

Ok sorry if you all want to hear more spiritual things. I don't know. I will do that when i get to the ppines ok? Anyways i love you!! Have a good week!!
Love love love love sis mcgrath







No comments:

Post a Comment