YO YO FAMILY!! Ok so here's the scoop of what went down this week. Lets see:
FIRST OF ALL!! WE GOT OUR TRAVEL PLANS!!!!! FOR REAL! ITS HAPPENING! WE ARE GOING TO THE PPNES!! SO 5 of us Naga people are together the whole time till we get there and we meet up with the other 3 Legaspi people in Japan. So we are going from SLC to Seattle, then to JAPAN, then to Manila, then by bus to Naga. We leave early on the 4th of Sept and will get there at 10 on the 5th. I'm losing a day of my life in travel. crayzeeeyyy. i should have taken a pic of the paper but i didn't. Well ya, in not next Friday but 2 I WILL BE IN THE PPINES!!!
Saturday after I emailed you guys: temple!! Afterwards guess what BURRITOZZZ FOR DIN DIN!!!! Not any burritos, but deep fried, crunchy, smothered in cheese sauce burritos. Me and Sis Lyles were soooo happy we were hyperventilating and jumping and crying. my prayer was "ama po namin, nagpapasalamat para sa THIS HERE BURRITO amen" I was so happy I couldn't see straight. Really the world went blurry and it was just me and him. That toasty little fellow. I loved it and it was an answer to my prays.
Sunday: so we played in churchey, it went good! also for devo that night Jenny Oaks Baker played! With all 4 of her kids. It was like a talk talk talk play a song talk talk another song thing. They played a lot of stuff and DANG those kids are talented!! seriously!! One was 11 accompanying her on the piano, one older than that on the violin, a little girl on the cello, and her youngest son doing classical guitar. It was unreal. Those poor kids must only practice. It was really cool to hear though.
Monday: So this whole week ive been sick. sicky sick sick. I got an upper respiratory infection from an elder in my district, and the whole district got sick. It is this nasty cough and I felt like I couldn't breathe deeply without hacking out a lung. Also a really sore throat. Ao ya, not fun espesh because no meds were working and the essential oils smelled like they were working but didn't heal me all da way.
| gotsta be healthy |
| will i ever recover? |
Tuesday: I killed my vocal chords in choir today. Like I couldn't talk afterwards and my throat hurt so bad. Not to mention my musical range was like 2 notes, bass notes. I could sing all the phantom parts really well my voice was so deep! Oh ya for gym I took a blanket and language study materials and went upstairs and sat in the windowsill of the track HA
![]() |
| me and sis L take working out seriously |
Wednesday: So the elders in the district right above us left!! It was so sad!! They were so so nice and so funny and we were all great friends. Me and Sis L are going through withdrawals. It's not the same without them :( I also taught a lesson with Sis. L this day, I'm going to be her companion for one of her investigators since shes solo. I'm also still teaching with sis T and sis F.
Thursday: Oh ya i cut off all my hair. like, all. they braided it in this thick braid and donated it to make wigs it was that much. HAHA cant stop me!
![]() | |
| Before... |
| AFTER!!!! |
Also we talked to a real live Filipino woman via skype!!! she was in her tiny little filipino house!! skyping us! we could kind of talk to her too! we gave a lesson about prayer. Oh ya this day I also went to the clinic because at this point I was dying. good thing I did, because the doc prescribed me with 4 different meds!! 4!!! I'm a druggie!! But ya he said I have a deep respitory infection and he gave me an antibiotic, really strong cough syrup, alleve, and another blue pill thing. I'm so glad and I feel so much better. The worst part of it all was when I would try to sleep this week. when I laid down my cough got super agitated and I felt like there was a ton of pressure on my chest. So I have to lay in this strange position with a pillow over my head. And I had to have my water bottle pemanently in my mouth and swallow after every breath cough. I couldn't sleep for hours so I decided to play imagination. I pretended I was a wounded solider in the civil war, and like, my legs were shot and so I was just a little stump on the ground, but I was STILL ALIVE. Every breath was so hard and rhaspy because of all the gunpowder and smoke. I pretended my water bottle was my bayonet and I was clutching it for dear life. The water that spilled out of my mouth and all over my neck (because I was drinking wilst laying down) I prentended was blood. I didnt know how many more breaths I had to live before it all went dark. It worked I guess because I woke up the next day which must have meant I fell asleep eventually. An active imagination is very important and I believe everyone should posses one.
Friday: So I ate my meds this day! yay! I also got a blessing from the elders in our district. It was really neat because Elder Winkler who I asked to give my blessing, I think it was one of his first ones. He spoke with the Spirit and said some cool stuff about how I was going to bring many people to the truth. He also said that I was going to be so loved by the Filipinos and especially the children. SWEET! also that i would get better and not even remember this sickness. Anyways after he was like "woahh I need to sit down" and I was so happy that he could experience listening to the spirit during a priesthood blessing. I'm so grateful for the priesthood.
So yep, that's the week! I was super sick, I got super meds, and now I'm recovering! Funny story the cough syrup makes you reallly drowsy and I have to take it every 12 hours, so I took it at 8 in the morning and I totally zonked out for personal study. I felt like I was in a cloud and that my limbs were stuffed with cotton balls. I had such a good nap that day. Anyways dont worry about me, I'm getting better, I had a blessing, and I'm on 4 different meds!!
Mom: Your new calling sounds so fun! I love primary! Also the kitchen sounds good, I like the idea of layered whites. Send me pics! Sundays are with all the zone, so yes we are all going to the Philippines. But there's a couple zones of Philippine peeps, they are just speaking the other language, not Tagalog. So its in English but the hymns are Tagalog (what a challenge when you're up there conducting) and the sacrament prayers and stuff are Tagalog sometimes. just whatever we can say
Ab & Liv: Vball sounds fun SPIKE SPIKE SPIKE
Matt: running sounds fun GO GO GO
Hannah: DUDE that was a hilar story. HAHA he played his part perfectly for the theme of your date. Hey I cut my hair this week too! We're on the same wavelength. Tell B its just hair, it will grow back, and it doesn't matter what you look like anyways :) Good job eating lots of food, keep up the good work! and yes I remember the Wyoming reunion. HAHA oh man, that swim!
g2g peace out family i luv you
-SISTA MICGEEEEE
| got a whole 2 packages of junk from sis welchey!!!!! AHHHH~! IT WAS SO GOOD! I practically chugged that cheese sauce. its all gone now. shes the best |


No comments:
Post a Comment