WAS UP!?! My week was super good! I am so happy and i love love love it. My journal every night is a sloppy mess of blurred pen- its quite a sight. This week we got a new sister! She is alone in a district of 17 elders! Since shes a solo sister, we are her "companions" for things that the elders can't take her to. Shes from Texas and shes so so sweet. You know the kind of people who are just inherintly sweet? like its in their nature? Jamie is one of them. Anyways, I'm not one of them. I've got too much to say and too many opinions to be one of the sweet souls in this life. oh well. My companions are doing great! I LOVE SISTER T!!!! Oh my goodness she is HILARIOUS. I've cracked up with her so many ttimes this week, its funny because we can't really understand each other but humor is a universal language. She always does jokes at night time, Wednesday her friend was leaving for the field and she gave her a bunch of clothes and a suitcase she wasn't taking. Sis T started throwing all her stuff in the suitcase and said "SISTAS. SARRY, I AM LEEVING! WILL YOU MEES ME?" HAAAAA shes a hoot. Also we were practicing intros for her and were pretending to talk to an investigator (she says it like investi-GATOR, its sounds like alligator or something) and we were saying "Ako po si sister" "Ako po si sister mcgrath" and we point to her and she glares at us and says in the most annoyed tone "ako po si look" and pointed to her tag. AHAAAA! Oh my goodness she is the best. They both said they are doing good, when i asked if they needed anything in a package from you sis t laughed and said "SALAMAT!" which means thank you. But no, i don't think they need anything.
Oh my guess who i saw walking out of the temp last Saturday? ROZIE!! ROZIE my love!! she was coming to the temp and i was leaving. I ran and hugged her with a tear in my eye. It was like i was meeting a little angel and it was so so good to see someone i knew. (she's going to Provo now btw)
So I said the prayer in snackrament meeting last week STRESS but i did it all in Tagolog and it wasn't even that short! booh-yah baby. Mission conference last Sunday was amazing!! so much so much so much. so many moments i felt the spirit, it was like a shorter genconf. Anyways it was so good, maybe i will send you a pic of my journal so you can feast on these killer quotes.
I am eating well here. Very well. I love it. I hate how all the sisters i am around say "oh my goodness I'm not going to fit on the plane after the mtc!" or "I'm so glad were eating rice everyday so i can fit back into my skirts" EW WOMEN!!! GOSH!! I Haaaatteee when people say that kind of stuff. You are FINE. You're not fat. its ok. eat what you want to. Don't talk about your fat. youuuuu areeeee goooing to suurrvivveee. I'm actually trying to bulk up because I'm too lazy to go to alterations and get my green skirt taken in an inch. for example, for din din last night i ate: a plate of pasta and veggies (ok not the veggies), two glasses of chocolate milk, a plate of wings and onion rings, someones leftover salad, and someones leftover fries. oh and two cookies. The night before I had ice cream and fried chicken for din din. I guess you could call me the very hungry caterpillar. (ok those were just my outliers, I'm actually eating good food too, I contemplated telling you that so don't make me regret it)
You say sis mcgrath in Tagalog like "SISTA MKRATT" because they don't have a "th" sound. no phonograms for them "thu thhh thvv." I found out that sister t is from a place that is spelled "KIRIBUTI" but that's totally not how you pronounce it. On her island there are two stakes of LDS peeps. I haven't really gotten to hear a conversion story or anything but I bet its good. sis F is a convert, she and her mom converted when she was 10 or something, her parents are divorced and she's an only child, and her mom is the only member in her family. She had to wait till she was 24 to go on a mish because both her parents thought she needed to finish school first. but shes here and loving it! shes so cool.
Uhhh taco tuesday!!! why you tell me these things!?! I heart tacos and temples. Anyways it sounds like too much fun and i want to be attending these little shin-digs when i get home :)
SIBS AND HER CALL!! OH MY GOODNESS I AM SO EXCITED FOR HER!! Suuuch a cool mission.
That's cool stuff about the Richards, totally lets go visit England!! Ok? OK good. if we buy the plane tickets now they will practically pay us, right? Ok good, you figure the details, I will see you there in a year and a half. That's crazy Jennetta was just 19, what a brave little girl. She's my home slice i bet.
Pop- that's exciting about the new ward! How's it going? I'm glad you liked my email, uh, glad it could make you laugh :) I'm also glad you can "fly higher than a small bird, no eagle" because of the wind I'm providing. You're welcome.
HANNEY BABE- YAY On your math!!! so smart. so wise. now just keep it up all year ;) Thanks for the update on the shoes-these are the things i need to know, "What sort of padding is protecting his soles as he wanders about?". Thank you for keeping me updated and I will now finally stop worrying about the condition of his feet. PS go google how to spell "chaky" you totally failed. I'm so glad about your research on the history of the altoid. Thank you for sharing that it is, in fact, older than America. I also bet they were chomping on those across the Delaware. I can always count on you to find out the most essential facts for survival (one definitely being the origin of a small but powerful white mint) Um that story about B? GROSS. SO UGH. I COULD NEVER. Oh my gosh i would die.
Meefbeef- I laughed so loud when you said you weren't a stupid sevvie- HA i totally forgot about that term. I'm glad schoolio is going good! its ok your letter was short- for payback- here my letter to you is over ;) ;) ;)
Not a lot of pics this week- sawwy were just so busy. What else can i tell you? Idk. I'm so excited to go to the temple this afternooney! Its so cool. I always feel like I'm coming home when i go there because technically i am...anyways yep. Oh this Sunday I may or may no have to give a talk in snackrament, but i for sure have to give an hour long class to my district about enduring to the end. Also me and my mga kasama got called to be the music chair people. Don't worry I've planned out all the hymns for the rest of my life at the mtc.
Oh let me tell you about what we do all day. So we wake up, eat, then have an hour of personal study, companion study, and language study. We usually read the Book of Mormon and look up stuff for our lessons in personal study, plan the lesson in comp study, and cram cram cram with our verbs in language study. we have three progressing investigators and its so fun to teach them. stressful because we cant talk that well, but i'm surprised about how much we can get out! Its hard when they talk back and tell us their concerns and i cant tell them something back. but we are learning and doing good! then we have class, learn grammar, learn missionary schedule stuff, learn how to teach people and adjust the lesson for their needs, etc etc, then teach again in the evening and have class till 9:30. Then crash. repeat :) oh i forgot to include "gym time" in there. Anyways it is great fun and i love being a mish. There's a lot more i could say and all but i am good!! (as long as i get enough sleep haha)
Here's some Tagalog testimony for you! Sorry if its cliche and annoying that missionaries do this but here i am jumping on the bandwagon. Alam ko po na manunubos po si jesu cristo. Naniniwala po ako na tatawag ang Diyos mga propeta para sa kayo at ako. Gumagabay po ang pga propeta at bassbasan at tulungan lahat mga tao. Alam ko po na totoo propeta si joseph smith. Alam ko po na basbasan ang ebanhelio sa mga pamilia. Naniniwala po ako na mapagmahal ang dios at gusto ng tulungan tayo. Alam ko po na sa pamamagitan pagdarasal naguusap sa Ama sa Langit. Siya sagot lahat magdasal. Sa pamamagitan pananampalataya at pagbabayad-sala tayo can maglilinis saan kasalanan. alam ko po na totoo ang ito simbahan. sa pangalan ni Jeso Cristo amen!
There you go! my verbs might be off and my spelling too, so good luck google translating that! I love you and have a good week! Less than a month till the field!!!!!
Love Sister Mkratt
| mga kasamas |
![]() |
| me and tessa from buyi mish prep! |
![]() | |
| we took these last night- the food is from two huge boxes of goodies my new companion's aunt sent her :) |
|
![]() |




No comments:
Post a Comment