
I've been staring at this blank message box for a long time now. type. type. type, self.
I'm coming home.

It's so surreal and I cant believe it's actually happening. The secretary called to tell me the luggage requirements and check if sky harbor is my airport. My eyes tear up when I think about saying goodbyes. I can't imagine myself taking off my name tag, I don't even know who Chloe is anymore. My brain doesn't turn off at night and I wake up before the chickens and just stare at the ceiling thinking. This past week I got punched with triple sickness- super bad headache and swollen tonsils and stuff but I just can't stop. the idea of letting time go by just resting when there is only so little time left just makes me more sick, so its been work work work pa rin :) I'm feeling ok now, don't worry about me or tell me to rest because I'm simply not going to until I am officially released. I want to work more than anything and am going to make the most out of my 7 days remaining.

Despite being so tired, this past week has been one of the best. Sister Adino and I are so so happy! I don't know if I write much about that but we are, everywhere we walk we are laughing and smiling and we find so much joy in our journey. When we come back at night we just crack up and talk about all the funny things and people and things they say and just everything. I don't know if I've ever felt happier. The work is SO good and there is so much happiness in the everyday. I am so proud of Sister Adino and the missionary she's become these past 2 transfers. Her training is finishing and she's amazing. She is so prepared, so humble, and honestly one of the best missionaries I've ever met. it breaks my heart to think about saying goodbye to her, one of my bestest friends! AH CRUEL GOODBYES!!
Ok best best best thing ever: SISTER JANE BETITO IS GETTING BAPTIZED THIS SATURDAY THE 23 (my exact 18 month date) alright flash back with me to Naga. Do you remember Sister Jane??? do ya? do ya? Her husband was our recent convert and we would work with her and teach her every week. I have prayed and fasted so many times for her and I can't believe its actually happening, the day is here and real that she's finally ready to be baptized. Sister Reeder called in the middle of our work this week to tell me she's getting baptized, just cause she knows how much I love Jane and how emotionally invested I am in her story :) I cried and jumped up and down. SO happy for them! I asked if I could come to Naga PLEASE to attend, but President heard in the background and said hindi pwede :( but he said I can stop by their house before I leave on the plane :D :D so amazing to have played a small part in her journey and I'm so honored to have served her.

What else to say. This is probably my last email, last update. This is your last portal into my life. Last portal to the ppines. I'm going to miss writing, miss sharing experiences and miracles and everything with you guys. Now I just want to say something to all of you who read my letters on my blog. I'm so glad that you've been able to read along and see a tiny bit of what I see. I hope that my words have helped you in some way. I thank you for the prayers for me and our investigators and all the people I love. Its been so encouraging to think that so many people back home are praying me on. I have been very honest in my letters, writing the good the bad and the ugly every week. I have opened up things in my letters that I wouldn't normally bring up if we were talking in person. To be honest I don't even personally know you all that well. So please, forgive me if we see each other in real life and you feel like you know me so well but I don't feel the same. I bet you are all wonderful people and I will love you so much, but its gonna be a little weird for me who's used to going through life with no one to guide me but the Lord. Everyone is welcome to my homecoming if you'd like to come, but to be honest I have no idea how to summarize the past 18 months or what to share. I'll try and think of something worth your time on the plane ride home but don't expect much ha :D
I love love love love love love love you all and I love love love love love this work and my people and my companion and my kabahays and the ppines and being a missionary here. I love the Lord and am so grateful he has been leading the way ahead of me this whole time. I am so humbled to have gotten the chance to serve. I love Heavenly Father and will do anything for him. I love you all too and will see you soon.
Love sister mcgrath
Chloe, we love you too and know you have been in Heavenly Fathers hands this entire time. Looking forward to your return home.
ReplyDelete