Monday, January 11, 2016

Two baptisms and a fried chicken to go please


This week we've hardly had time to work :( We had MLC on Tuesday, then Sis Adino's fever got worse and worse leaving her exhausted all week and eventually we had to go back to Naga on Saturday. Then I split with Sister Padilla earlier today to go back to Naga once again to remove her wisdom teeth :D (get it, its a smiley face with no teeth  ha ha  ....) Then Sis Koluse got sick as well, and both Laganoy companionships. We're falling apart! except me, I'm feelin' fine other than exhaustion. But I keep waking up early and can't go back to sleep, I think its subconscious thoughts about the future. Long story short- this week our numbers were way low and I just wished we could go out cause I'm all go go go, but playing nurse is good too. Do not run faster than you have strength daw. moving on...


So at MLC we set the new standards of excellence. President left all of us leaders and said to openly discuss every key indicator and come to a conclusion. We talked for about 3 hours, debated lots of stuff, heard lots of people out, then came up with it. Almost every indicator we raised including oym. It's honestly very high but is something that if we stretch we can achieve. President came back in, asked each of us one by one if we sustain it as the new standard, but one of us didn't. He thought the baptism goal per month was too high and out of our potential, so we went back to discussion. It was really cool to see people's testimonies come out, especially of the new missionaries. they are so much more prepared and are capable of so much. We came to the conclusion that the new standard would be virtually impossible without an increase in faith and obedience. On Friday we delivered it to the zone (its all about the delivery cause if they don't catch on to our vision we just wasted our time).  I was given time at the end to commit them all to it and did my best to stand up there and motivate them and testify that we can do it with the Lord's help. I know our potential is brighter than the level we are at right now in Naga mission, and an extra push on faith and obedience will be what we need to break through. I committed them all to join me in a zone fast yesterday. everyone in our zone fasted for a miracle. Think of all the miracles that are going to happen! The future is so bright! people ARE out there! we can do things beyond our own ability with the help of the Savior. I'm so excited for the progress thats going to happen in each area and just wish I was here longer to see it.


This Saturday was the long awaited baptism of Renan Jr and Joshua Taghoy :) :) :) I think it was my favorite baptism I've ever been a part of. Alright lets back up. So last week, Brother Renan Sr (the father) told us that he didn't think he was going to make it to their baptism because he has work.  And he can't just miss a day of work or they won't eat.  And if he was the baptizer, he would be wet and might get sick afterwards working construction which would just set him back even more days. We sadly accepted it, cause there's nothing we could do if thats the way it was going to be. We were so disappointed, cause it would be so amazing for him to baptize his own kids, be in white with them in the waters of baptism. 

The Taghoy family


So Saturday came, and it was like 15 mins past when they said they would be there. Then 20. We got worried thinking they forgot. We rode a padyak to their home then saw ALL of them walking up the hill towards the church, even tatay!!!!! He was coming! We turned around and greeted them at the church, and asked one more time if tatay would baptize his kids. He agreed, but was so nervous. It was his first time exercising the priesthood in an ordinance and was scared he'd mess up. Bishop was amazing (as usual) and walked him through it all. Brother Cedes leaned over the font and whispered the words to him. He got it right after a couple times and Renan Jr and Joshua Tagoy are the newest members of Goa 1st ward!!! I got teary eyed looking at them in the baptismal font, thinking of their sacrifice it has taken to get here as a family. It's amazing the faith that this father has, literally putting God's will before his own and not knowing how things are going to work out.


After the simple baptism people were going home, we said goodbyes. Sis Adino and I were walking home but we just felt like we couldn't.  Instead we went and bought a whole fried chicken and rice and turned around to visit the Taghoy family. When we got to their home, the kids were going to bed, tatay was rocking their baby in the hammock, and they had no dinner or anything to eat. I wish I could describe the joy on those kids faces when they saw the fried chicken :) They jumped all over us and were screaming and jumping all around from excitement (fried chicken is every kid's wildest dream) and all sat on the floor and ate. Sister Cynthia and Brother Renan could almost cry and were so grateful. I got teary eyed too with how much I love this family. They're going to be so hard to say goodbye to! We took pictures and said goodnight. God will provide. He will work through His servants to wipe away tears, strengthen and comfort, and feed his hungry children fried chicken. 


That's about all, I'm hoping this week sister Adino and Koluse and Padilla will be feeling better and strong enough to work! I love to be outside and love to know the next chapter of people's stories. It's going to be a great week this week! I love you all very much and am grateful for the prayers for all the missionaries. We need them! We need your faith and help. Back to work for us! Love you!

Sister McGrath 

















No comments:

Post a Comment