What's cookin' good lookin'? First things first I'm so sorry for this keyboard and all the typos that will ensue with our relationship. It's so sticky and the backspace is like the size of Abraham Lincoln's eyeball on a penny. It's rough going.
OK So the week was good! the work was good! I'm doing good! I did really bad at writing in my journal this week so forgive me with how short and non inspiring this week is going to be.
Let's talk cool missionary stuff. This week we taught a lady about the first 2 principles of lesson 1 and after, the lady said that she had goosebumps and felt something inside of her. we told her that was the Spirit! She really felt it! We taught her in the next lesson and she's so receptive and everything makes sense to her! In her prayer she prayed for us to keep coming back :) As we taught her all I could see was a future relief society president :) She's going to be great at that calling ;) It really helps if you imagine whoever you are talking to as the next Bishop or RS pres (not that that calling means anything, just that it helps you imagine them as an active member) it really helps me look past what
human eyes see and judge, and look deeper. You know, like to their soul! It's true, the next bishop could be a creepy looking smoker dude who we don't feel like talking to! But when you see people for what they can become it's like, yeah! listen up this message is for yooou!
Let's talk cool missionary stuff. This week we taught a lady about the first 2 principles of lesson 1 and after, the lady said that she had goosebumps and felt something inside of her. we told her that was the Spirit! She really felt it! We taught her in the next lesson and she's so receptive and everything makes sense to her! In her prayer she prayed for us to keep coming back :) As we taught her all I could see was a future relief society president :) She's going to be great at that calling ;) It really helps if you imagine whoever you are talking to as the next Bishop or RS pres (not that that calling means anything, just that it helps you imagine them as an active member) it really helps me look past what
A not so good thing- we were teaching this lady about the Plan of Salvation but she's so distracted! we came in and she was watching her soap operas and told us to wait till it was over cause it was her favoritte. okkkayyyy.....so then we started the lesson and she is looking out the windows, texting with her fingers but keeping eye contact (what the heck I can SEE you! her phone is literally right on her lap with no effort to hide it) and she's just not focused. GAHHH so frustrating!! Itss so hard because as missionaries, we can see how this is the most important message she could ever hear on this world and in her whole life time, but she cant see it! That's the struggle of a missionary. I asked her questions like what would it mean to you if the truth was on the earth today? and you can be with your husband and daughters forevvvvverrr for all eternity! and things like that but its just not sinking in really. We tried to teach and get her interested and see the importance. its harrrrddd!! frustrating.
Loveee youuuu!!
Sis McGrath
p.s. What do you think I need to do to be able to bathe in peanut butter? This pb here is soo divine, its so creamy and sweet and all I want is for my entire body to be immersed in it. I want to live in a fountain of it. I want it to come out of the sink when I turn it on. I want it for every meal for every day for the rest of my residence on planet earth. Every night I eat spoonfuls of it and spoonfuls of it. its SOOO GUUDD I wish you could all try some! (its like the fruit in Lehi's dream. Too bad you guys are in the misty fog and are blind to the goodness of filippine pb!) Maybe I will bring some home for you HA no I will eat it all before I get to you. Anyways not to rub it in or anything, but ya I'm living the dream ova hea :)
No comments:
Post a Comment