Monday, November 10, 2014

Hey everyone!

Hey everyone! This week was super awesome as always! I love this! I love being a missionary!

First things first I got meeself a hammock! It's so sweet! I tied it from my bottom bunk and its just the best thing I've ever done for myself ever.









I bought it from this little shack and its handmade and it's so sweet! The only bad thing is there is never any time to lay in it, I've only tried it like 2 times! We are so busy and go go go and there are studies to do and people to see and area books to update and sleeping to do! So I actually cant really ever relax in it, but it looks real nice haha!


So we went tracting this week! We talked to a lot of people but found this one lady who i think is going to be awesome. we went back and back and farther into the bushes and passed by lots of huts, and then came upon this lady with her grandbaby outside. We walked up and introduced ourselves then she just let us in! We talked and she's super nice! I'm so excited to teach her!

It's amazing to me how no matter who I come in contact with, I know I can 100% promise them that this message is the most important one they will ever hear and that the gospel will bless their lives. No matter what problems they have had or what they will go through in the future, this will bless them! It's so amazing! I love this!

Funny story we taught 3 gay guys at one of our less active's house haah it was funny really. They asked me about America and it was so funny! Ah you had to be there! We took a pic on Sis R's camera after and they were like "ah PANGIT!" which means ugly. They are so self conscious. #assistersinzion  JKKK

We had zone training and what I got out of it was to be FEARLESS! To be ridiculously fearless! Everyone you ever see needs the gospel! Be brave! Think of what would the situation be like if I wasn't scared, then DO THAT THING!

This week I felt like crying so many times in my personal study and through the day because I am so grateful for the gospel and how simple it is. Really it is so beautiful! We can all return to live with our families FOREVER because the gospel was restored through a prophet. The gospel is the simple steps we need to do to qualify for eternal bliss. Have faith, repent and change, be baptized and receive the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end.  That's all! God is so merciful! There's this quote in Preach My Gospel by Hyrum Smith about the gospel basics.  The jist of it in my own words is that we need to study the gospel essentials and as we do we will understand it clearer and receive more light and will be able to explain it clearer. It's so true! I feel like I've studied "faith" for example so many times but there is still so much I don't know and don't understand. I am so so grateful for this gospel, and that God has a plan and that I can be a part of helping others discover the truth of it for themselves. Every day I feel my testimony growing stronger and stronger, like the roots are getting even deeper. I had a strong testimony before but so much more now! I can't describe it! It's only been like a couple months I know! I love this!


Hm what else, one night this week there was no power and it was TORTURE to sleep with no electric fan! I was drenched in sweat and there were mosquitoes and I just cried a little bit. It was like being so so so thirsty but having no water. At 3 in the morn when I was still delirious I just reached out and stroked the fan and cried and hoped so bad it would magically come on. Finally the morning came! It was so bad haha.

 
What else, this week we helped a lady in the Elders' area fix her roof. Well ok the Elders and Bishop did, I felt pretty helpless. I wanted to help but they were climbing so high and it wasn't safe and idk what they were doing....anyways we got in charge of food duty. We went to the market and bought these huge tilapia that were gutted before our eyes, and rice and oil and went back and cooked it. We used the water pump out back and I cleaned out all the fish and cooked those babies up! We ate it on banana leaves with our hands. It was super delish! I love fish!

We had the baptism of John! The one who is so cute and an orphan and wants to change his life! Ah he's so precious! Bro Rocky baptized him it was really cool! He made a box to hold his Book of Mormon earlier and cut out pics from the pamphlets and wrote "Sis R and Sis McGrath" on the front AWWWWHHHH he's the best!

This week was Sis. R's 1 year mark!! We were going to order McD's and have a party but the number wouldn't work! so I made corned beef and eggs and hot dogs instead :'( We just pretended it was a Big Mac :)
This morning we went jogging on the beach (HA) and the Elders were there yikes. We played ultimate frisbee with a ball and made an elder a mermaid in the sand, it was raining really hard. We had fun it was good!

I wish you all could come and see what I see and do what I do everyday! There is so much more I wish you could know! I miss you all so bad! Ah mom on a district dvd we watched this lady read a scripture and it sounded JUST LIKE you and my eyes had tears coming out of them! I was like "that's my mom!!!" So I guess deep down I miss you so so bad, but I really love this! And sorry but I'm not going to come home :) It's too good out here--I can't describe how cool it is to change people's lives and go around proclaiming the truth everyday. I never want to stop! It's So SO hard but the most rewarding thing I've ever done. There's nothing like spending every waking hour living for other people!








No comments:

Post a Comment