It was so weird looking into a little portal at you guys, sorry if I forgot to talk much I guess I'm not used to responding immediately to you! Ang hirap na palang makarelate sa inyo like what do i say?? haha it went by so fast but it wasnt nearly as hard to hang up as last year cause I just said 4 WEEKS NA LANG!!!!!! ahaha!! It's so close I can taste it! We can talk talk all the days so soon!
Then it was Christmas!!!!!!!! I wish you all could be a part of "Christmas at Bagumbayan Grande" cause it is the happiest and most touching thing ever. Sis Adino and I have been buying fudge bars and candy and tons of junk for the past forever, making a huge stock pile. A couple of weeks ago I asked the kids there what was their wildest wishes for Christmas and they said a green apple and a toothbrush. HAHA!! So we bought a tooon of green apples and more more candy, bagged it all up, and crossed the log bridge almost more excited than we knew the kids were. We started at Sis Elvies house, who hobbled in and actually HUGGED us and said merry christmas!! was shared a Christmas lesson, took pics, and then gave them candy and junk. Their smiles were bigger than the planet earth and they were so so happy with so little. We went to Cynthia and Renans home and kids were popping in all over the place!!!
Oh my gosh I LOVE THOSE KIDS. I love love love love love love Mateo and have to put him in my second suitcase. It made me so happy to give them those green apples and junk and make their wildest dreams come true!!! Sister Cynthia shoved Mateo into some overalls and he ran around all over the place! He jumped in my lap insisting he was going to pray, started it, then realized he had nothing to say :) Haha I helped him out but then it turned into all the kids there saying what I said. "ama sa langit' "AMA SA LANGIT" "nagpapasalamat po kami" "NAGPAPASALAMAT PO KAMI" haha <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Great news is that things are all set for their baptism January 9!!! Renan Jr and Joshua have come to church and we are reviewing the questions for the bap interview and also preping tatay with how to baptize and what to say. Jan 9 is going to be one of the happiest days of my life!!!!!!! It makes me tear up when i think about them getting sealed someday. AH!
Brother Gary update- we shared 2ce to him this week, just to keep him close. We text him every day as well. But no matter what we do of course this is still a time of mourning. Especially with Christmas. In both times when we asked how he was doing, he didn't immediately respond, and his eyes got a painful look, and I just can't help but cry. I can't stop the tears when I look at him and think about what he's going through. We asked him how he felt when he stood and bore his testimony to his hard hearted family. He said he didn't know, he wished his point got across to them and felt like they didn't listen. I told him that seeing him stand there, that picture in my mind, is one of the most powerful testimonies I've ever heard. I wish you could have seen him, he was incredible! He said that this past week he just finds himself looking far off thinking about his mom, like all the time. At his house its a compound of his family, and they all are having a huge reunion right now. As we shared to him Saturday morning all his uncles and other shirtless men were drinking and being super loud right outside. Cousins were coming in and out, and we just sat on the couches crying with Gary. He said Christmas night he was feeling so sad and his family was all being so loud, and so he just went outside behind their house and prayed. I told him that so many people back home were praying for him too, and he says thank you. please please keep him in your prayers always!
In the night we had curfew, so were in around 6. I cleaned the whole place, placed my Christmas cards to my comp and kabahays on their desks, then set up the most MAGICAL winter wonderland ever! I threw all the mattresses on the floor in our room, set up Christmas lights, then set all our emergency candles a flame! We all gathered around, read Luke 2, and sang all the Christmas songs in the book. Then we went around and said what we were grateful for. I got teary eyed for the millionth time this week and couldn't stop with things I was grateful for. i feel like the most blessed soul in all the land to have spent Christmas with my beloved friends, companion, and people we teach. best Christmas ever!
As usual, lots more happened that I can't write, forgive me! I hope Christmas was merry and bright for all of you too! I love you so much family, it really would be perfect if only you were here. but time is flying, I can't believe its going to be 2016. I can't believe I can count the weekly planning sessions on one hand. That theres only one more Fast Sunday. We are working SO hard, can't stop wont stop. This is it. I'm trying to go as far as I can and then farther, oym the daylights out of Goa, and keep loving and serving like Christ would. I am so grateful for this mission.
Love SISTER MCGRATH
No comments:
Post a Comment