I've got time to tell you the major up of the week and a couple funny stories and forgive for the shortness!
We divided all of them up according to zone. each zone got like 16ish? at our zone training I announced it and after the meeting elders and sisters rushed and grabbed them and they were gone super quick! I said to give them to investigators or less actives or recent converts or anyone who is having a baby. Just say the word and boom! Hands are there and ready to give! We could have even used more, next year I want to send 2 giant boxes! Think of all them babies! One elder came up and begged for one more because their investigator was pregnant with twins :)
To all my lovely young women friends who made those blankets, I know it probably seems like nothing and no big deal to cut out a square of crazy soft fabric and all but there are 79 mamas here who are so touched that someone they don't even know would give them something so useful for no cost. These babies are really born into the world with nothing. A mom, brothers and sisters, a roof over head, and that's about it. What an amazing way to give this Christmas, no one deserves it more than these amazing mothers! I love you and they love you and we are so so grateful here in our corner of the world for you!
Speaking of babies- funny story! we went to our investigator who had a baby last week, she was holding her and letting her get some air outside and stuff (p.s. apparently if the wife sniffs the husband's head when she's pregnant it will come out with his hair......uhhhhh....#logic) anyways I asked "whats your baby's name again?" and she paused....then darted her eyes....didn't say anything for a long time....then she said "uh......basta nagsisimula sya sa letter m" It starts with letter 'M' HAHA SHE TOTALLY FORGOT!!!!!! haha she told us she'd remember when we came back next week. HAHAHA Sis Adino and I laughed soooo way hard all week at that.
Another funny thing: oh my gosh this one's hilarious. We were walking by rice fields and it had rained all week and was wayyyyy muddy and there was this part that goes down a very steep slope. All these kids were gathered at the bottom calling "seester seester!" I knew it was steep but apparently not well enough cause the first step I took my foot slid from under me and I slid down the whole thing on my bum and crashed into the kids at the bottom! HAHA IF YOU COULD ONLY HAVE SEEN THEIR FACES FROM MY POINT OF VIEW!!! They were terrified!!!! I got up and was SO muddy and could hardly breathe from laughing at myself. But the best part! The kids told us to go wash in the river close by, and when we walked to see it in view, this sweet around 20 yr old down syndrome sister is standing right in the middle of it buck naked taking a poop. Oh the humor. we almost broke our laugh boxes. We've got to re-watch it in heaven!
Love you all very very much and you are always in my prayers wonderful family of mine! Have a good week and be safe and I will too!
Love SISTER MACK-GRATH
No comments:
Post a Comment