next item of business: hey so the zone leaders called this morning with my FATE in their hands....all of us kabahay wiped off the soap from our hands and gathered around the phone to hear our destinies....sis b is leaving me! she's transferring outta here and so this area is all up to me now. aaaand i'm still a lone ranger stl, my companion will not be an stl. also i'm getting one extra companionship of sisters to watch over and exchange with. and just as Heavenly Father does, has thrown me another curve ball. for my last 2 transfers of my mission as stl i will also be TRAINING my THIRD AKI :D :D :D yep, i am destined to be a trainer for life!!
My goodness. seriously it's like He always gives me more than i think i am capable of, more than i think i can carry on my shoulders, but as the past has proven i know that i can, i know i can do this and make it through. sis p (my kabahay) is also training too so there will be 2 new sisters in the house. so many sisters to watch over my my!! she's there in the spirit world, enjoying her last meals at the mtc and about to come through the chute and land in her first area here with me :)
Ironically, i'm not freaking out. this has for sure been the ultimate load/challenge that's come my way as far as responsibilities go on my mission, but I have got so much trust in the Lord that not even a drop of fear or doubt can squeeze its way into me :) i'm just calm, calm cause I know that prayers are unlimited and I can make it through any challenge with prayer, the Spirit, and my scriptures.
This week was challenging as well, this time in the form of companionship relations. whoow. I will spare you the drama and details. nobody needs to know anyways and i'm sure sis b wouldn't want me to spill to the whole world, and i've got respect for her and wont go talking behind her back. i feel like this week was like an exam, a real life exam of every single christlike attribute. hmm you think you've got patience? BAM! charity? BAM? humility? BAM BAM take it take it take it. I've taken a lot of blows this week but all in all feel like I've made it through the whole mess of it being as Jesus would. I only cried like 2 times in the CR! whoo woo!
We had a big talk in comp inventory and it was so good. Seriously theres no problem that talking it out cant solve. anyways at the end of it all, sis b said how grateful she was for me for being Christlike and said that when she looks at herself she says she feels so far, like its impossible for her to get there. what a blessing the truth is that people can change, personalities can change and we can always improve. ironic that the first week of the transfer it was her patting my back telling me that my worst can improve and now its the other way around. I really really love sis b and am truly sad she is leaving me, right after we got so close :( but i think its God's way of saying you got over that hurdle sige (go ahead) lets jump the next one.
We had a csp this week digging and chopping stuff at Nanay Loma's house. I worked like a dog and my back kills as well as my cracked bloody hands from blisters. But it was so fun and nothing like sweating head to toe! I love to work. It rained a downpour about 1/2 through, so by the end i was an entire soaking mess of sweat/rain/buko juice cause its quite hard to get the hole on the coconut exactly lined up with your mouth. AHHHH LOVE IT!
Yayyy!! this is sister gain!!!
|
OOhhhh ok heres the coolest!!! update on sister gain!!!! YAY!! she is the coolest! the most goldeny goldenest investigator i've ever had!! i feel like she wears a halo of light and angels sing behind her when we see her!! after the csp i was so flipping tired and in my studies my eyes were heavy, but the Spirit hit me hard and told me to straighten up and think about Gain and get to work. I sure did, prayed right then and there to have my words be guided and help me know what to say and how to bring up baptism in the lesson. we taught her about the Book of Mormon, she loved it! I felt like i was just talking to a best friend or sister, just sitting there on the floor and telling her everything i know to be true about that book and challenging her to read it. And then the Spirit guided me, helped me connect every sentence to sentence all the way until baptism, my words were given to me in the exact moment, extended the bap date, and she accepted!!! Dec 19!!!! i am SO excited!!! she also came to church AGAIN yesterday!!! we thought she didn't and sadly came upstairs 5 mins after it started only to see her sitting already! she had been there like 30 mins in advance! oh she is the best. sister gain is aweeeeessooooommmeeeeee!!!!
And now, things are about to get shaken up again, people leaving and new sisters coming and transformation all over again here in Goa zone. I feel like an old dog once again...hardly flinching an ear at people at the door. Whatever happens happens and I know I can do all things with the Lord's help. What an amazing testimony that has grown within me, I feel unshakable. Bring it on, there's nothing I can't do with the Lord on my side. All I've got to do is take it one hour at a time, live from prayer to prayer. Is there any other way to make it through life? My heart swells with gratitude for how hard this mission has been. I am so grateful for the challenges that have come and the ones yet to come. I know that its only a opportunity to grow stronger and gain a firmer testimony that wasn't there before. How grateful I am to be broken and re-built again.
Love, your lovely 10 toed daughter
Sister McGrath
No comments:
Post a Comment