Thursday, October 8, 2015

coming up for air!

WHOOW and i EMERGE from the rice fields again for another report! WHoow! coming up for air!!! this area is so insanely busy and i am so so grateful to have my back and feet aching :) its such a good life. alright this week seems like an eternity long so lets hash this thing up:

MISSION LEADERSHIP COUNCIL: ooh ya baby. I'm playing with the big boys now! I get my own spot in the mlc and it's awesome :D except for the fact that i was LATE once AGAIN.....I'm eternally destined to be late when I'm the chorister and when president is present!  This is the 4th time I have been chorister AND been late and had to have an emergency replacement all while president was there....why. Seriously I CANT be on time when I'm chorister. It's amazing president has any ounce of trust in me and doesn't think that I'm just late for every appointment and study ever. I promise its only when I'm chorister..... anyways mlc turns out to just be a lot of graphs and charts and numbers and elders talking lows and highs and goals......but the discussion was cool and the talk by president about having the courage to correct other missionaries was sweet. can't wait for the next one!

TEACH IT TEACH IT TEACH IT REAL GOOD: yep its go go go teach teach teach. I still don't know quite how to summarize my days in my journal let alone here...basta we are just teaching and working out things like MARRIAGE cause no one in the world thinks it's a good use of money to get legally married to the father of your children when there's holes in your roof and all other sorts of hadlangs (blocks? barriers? whats hadlang in english?!) from baptism. I'm just so happy to teach! yipeeee!!! we got to teach 10 lessons in one day!!! no way!!! I just can't wait to go outside every morning.

DREAMS: my dreams have been vivid as ever. one morning i woke up 6:25, saw i had 5 more mins and went back to bed only to tell everyone in my dream "babasahin nyo po ba ang aklat ni mormon? ipagdarasal nyo sya para malaman kung totoo ang lahat na bla blah blahhhhhh" just committing them to read the book of mormon and pray about it and inviting them to church and every other commitment......until when I rolled over at 6:30 I started my prayer asking to help them keep their commitments and read and ....wait these aren't even real investigators......I apologized and started my prayer over again. haha its just 24/7 FOLKS even my dreams I cant stop. Its been like that all week, teaching committing helping LAHAT in my dreams.

REALITY: then I wake up from my dreams and make it real. This week I was so inspired by our mlc and other stuff I read in the scriptures that I've been on OYM FIRE!!! open yo' mouth!!!! Seriously I've just been raising my voice above trycee motors to try and pipe out that their family can be together forever and can we come share and going up to groups of people and stopping nanays on the street and just telling the WORLD that they need this. Whatever to what anyone thinks of me, at least I know Jesus is smiling!

Also I guess in the reality section is the part of my life where I met the most terrible spider straight from impernio. But I wasn't even the one who screamed the loudest! And instead came up with the best plan ever to burn it with flames hotter than the ones from hell where he came. Me and Sis Nelson doused it in bleach then lit it on fire. Pictures ensued. I am just really so proud of myself for overcoming my fear and for slaying the beast. Here I attached a picture: isn't this the BIGGEST THING YOUVE EVER SEEN!?!?! HE EVEN HAS RED EYE PROBLEMS WITH FLASH HE'S THAT BIG!!!!  can't get over that we breathe the same air.

ITS HEAVEN!!!!: Ok this was by far the sweetest part of my week. Oh I could just cry all over again! We went to church yesterday and ward 2 was getting out and we were just starting....I got to see all of my wardiesss!!!!! all of my beloved ward 2!!!!! It was seriously the greatest thing!!! One sister would come out followed by another and another and all of these familiar faces and I just hugged them all! ESPECIALLY the youth!!!! I saw sister loleth!!! I saw francia!!! I saw these people I've walked and sacrificed for there at church!!! I saw soon to be Sister Baer who was using my bag I gave her from my first area and she ran up and told me she gets her mission call next week!!! I saw so so many faces!!! But the best of all : dun dun dun duuuuuN!!!!!! Sister Mayan comes out and exclaims "sisteeerrrr!!!' as she comes to me holding her son.  She runs up and tells me that she and her husband are getting SEALED IN THE TEMPLE this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My eyes swelled with tears and I couldn't take it anymore--i just let it flow!! I hugged sister and told her how excited and happy I was for her!! I remember challenging her to make the temple a goal and gave her a picture of the manila temple, I remember it seemed so far away back then and so much that they needed to do before.....and now here they were! She and her husband and they were doing it!!! I taught this lady once or twice a week and just love her so much. Their oldest daughter walked out from their house and drowned in this huge canal when she was 3 yrs old :( I just remember sister telling us through tears how badly she wanted to be sealed as a family, to her baby girl and to her two other babies here on earth and her husband. The tears just kept flowing, Sister Mayan was crying too. We were just so happy!!!! This has GOT to be what heaven feels like!!! I asked about how her sister in law was doing that lives near by and that we also challenged to go to the temple and pay tithing and stuff... sad news, she's not doing good :( hasn't been to church in a long time and her husband has word of wisdom problems again :( that brought fresh tears all over again, these ones now of sorrow :( it hurts! its gotta hurt so bad when we get to heaven someday and realize that some aren't there. But it is still so joyful to see the ones who will be. Oh it is just the sweetest experience to go back...someday I hope I can come back again over mountain or plain or sea and fly here to see all my people again!

Ok thats a summary of the week- more stuff I left out I wish I could just copy and paste my memories here!!! If only it was that easy!! basta! have a great week to you all and I'm so grateful for your prayers and love and support. I love you!!

mahal kita,
sis mcgrath




No comments:

Post a Comment