Monday, August 10, 2015

I'll stay where you want me to stay.


Teehee, big news, I'm NOT transferring! things got whipped up and now I am still here, holding down Naga city. And even bigger news: I'M TRAINING. AGAIN. And this time she's a Polynesian sister. gulp. She comes tomorrow and I am scared and excited and nervous and everything thrown together. Sis j is LEAVING and transferring to Iriga zone :(((((((((((((((((((( I am sad more than I can say and seriously love her so much. It's not goodbye though cause were going to stay tight forever :D Sis Sol left for Australia this morning and we sneaked away to say goodbye to her at the airport and watch her go through security :( uh, leaving is the hardest thing! I hate saying goodbye but there are souls she needs to sol-ify there in Aussie land so its all for the best. Sis K will be training too! So our house will be 2 American trainers showing the ropes of this country. what!! haha feeling a little overwhelmed but am excited to go go go!

Last monday (hope you got the pics ok) we hiked Mt Isarog! Again! Ah it is seriously a PARADISE. I live in a paradise people. It is the prettiest thing EVER!! waterfall and green and all these things I wish you could all see. Afterwards we ate bbq out of the lids of rice cookers and plastic bags and stuff that the elders brought and smores without fire cause the air is too wet to light a fire in the rain forest. BAHH did you believe that? haha no I just forgot the lighter. It was still good though, not sandlot status, but smores pa rin.

This week we babysat 3 sisters again because their kasamas went to mlc. Whoow I seriously feel so much like a mom getting everyone where they need to be and stuff. I had to be the mean mom and text them upstairs if they were studying cause all I heard was wild laughter in personal study time. yeeppp....sorry to be that person! Ha we found out also that it was Sis B's bday THAT DAY and so I quickly ran and whipped up a Reese's cake and threw up some party decor and got the candles (this time with the lighter) and celebrated her bday right. fun fun!

This week we ate sardines on our rooftop and played a mad game of cards and I don't think life can get any more complete.

This week we had a baptism!! ahh so so sorry the pictures wont load! I dont know what's up with my camera. darn it. Znyways it was the baptism of Alejandro, our 13 year old! It was such a sweet baptism cause brother ren ren got to baptize him, a new priest who works with us and has been taking Alejandro under his wing. I got teary eyed seeing them both in the baptismal font and have so much trust in the youth of this church. They are amazing! Poor little Alejandro came with his sister and cousins, they live with their less active uncle and he doesn't know his parents. Little lost boys :( i feel so bad for people without a mother and want to take them all home with me. We gave him a tie for his baptism and he came up and said thank you so softly too us. Awhh!!

As far as my lesson learned this week, well maybe it should be lesson being learned cause I don't think I'm done- anyway I was sitting in the chapel, half listening to the speakers in church. I was thinking about these past 3 transfers I've been here, all the investigators that have been dropped, all of the disappointment for lack of a better word. This past week has just had that overcasting vibe to it, that I am working so hard and doing my best but its not turning into anything. I felt pretty bad for myself this week to be honest.  As I was reveling in my disappointment, all of a sudden there came to my brain all of these times that I had been successful, all of these tiny little moments flashed though my brain:

1. Our less active Linda bought a skirt. nope, hasn't come to church yet and isn't quite ready, but has made progress and has a skirt now.

2. Alejandro just walked off the stand from being confirmed a member of the church and given the gift of the Holy Ghost. he's gonna grow up in the church and sana serve a mission too, think of all the lives he can change!

3. Sis J is sitting next to me, last Sunday of her 12 week training and i am so. so. proud of her. she is an incredible missionary, is fearless and teaches so well and follows the Spirit. Even though that stuff was all inside of her naturally, I played a part in unlocking that!

4. Our investigator who told us she wasn't coming walked in the door right as we were standing to sing in the choir, I wanted to cry I was so happy she came.

All of these tiny things like that came to my head and I felt like I got a little slap from the Spirit for thinking that I was failing. Look at all this good! The wise words of President Uchtdorf came to me and said "if you consider success to be only the most perfect rose or dazzling orchid, you may miss some of life's sweetest experiences." That is so true. there is so much to be grateful for and so many tender mercies and tiny miracles happening every day. Maybe not blooming roses, but progress.  I might not be the Oxford dictionary's definition of successful, but I know I'm doing everything I can with what I've got. I AM injecting good into my little corner of the earth, no matter how small it may be :) It was an answer to my prayers this week in helping me see the success. These next transfers I'm going to keep doing just that, and find peace in anonymously doing what I can. I am so so so happy!

Family, I love you guys so much! Thank you thank you thank you times a billion for the prayers you send my way, keep it coming! I love you to Pluto and back!

Love, Sis McG



No comments:

Post a Comment