Monday, May 4, 2015

i'm meeeelttiiiingggggg!

after it is so hot it downpours. I really am soaking wet every day from 
sweat or from rain!
Hello! Its been another week in the land of Naga. I would say that its been hot, its been hard, its been full of being rejected, but that would make me sound like a broken record ;) just imagine me saying all those things week after week and there- you've got yourself a picture of my life! yippee!

This week a naughty naughty bad bad happened. I lost my planner. which is code for I lost my BRAIN! Ahhh!!! It was so terrible! so karumal dumal! I don't know where i lost it, we were walking from 2-5, didn't sit down anywhere in anyones homes or on any triceys or anything thanks to their hard hearts, so it's truly a mystery where it went, how it left my hand and ran away somewhere. I truly mourned. It was soo cool I had this chile pepper key chain on it :'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''( and not only that, but inside was sticky note upon sticky note of people to find and less actives and referrals and notes and just EVERYTHING man!!! We retraced all our steps but no luck. I hoped that some good samaritan would find it and read our OYM material in it and see our number and call, but due to some circumstances we had to change our number this week, so even if someone did call we didn't get it. Anyways, I got a new one and have started fresh, but its still a tender wound. Oh that chilie pepper was so cool.

Hm so this week we reached 81 oyms- 81 times we opened our mouths and asked people to learn more, shared quick gospel truths, stuff like that. One of my techniques this week has been to approach ANYONE and EVERYONE who says hi to us. Which is quite a lot due to my skintone. As soon as anyone, any group of men, drunk or smoking or not, yells out "HEY GIRL!" or anything else degrading BOOM I am there in 2 seconds. It feels about the same feeling I would imagine walking right up to the face of a growling lion. I can't begin to say how many times I have been called out at and called terrible things, but I am DONE with that. Somehow I get the courage to walk right up to them and introduce myself very boldly that I am a representative of Jesus Christ and we bring a message of truth and good news and invite them to hear more. Seriously, no fear. It doesn't matter who you are, i WILL talk to you. we not only OYMed only drunk men and perverts but lots of other souls too. I'm getting to be quite the conversation starter haha :) I am courageous and I am not afraid of you. We've got some good prospects to go back to and teach this next week because of all our open our mouths- yippee!

Aw so sad, the Gardeners are leaving this week! the sweetest senior couple :( They were there at Christmas time at the party and were so comforting and angels to me. I'm going to miss them! They truly are 2 of the most consecrated to the Lord and genuine souls. I hope I can be like them when I grow up.

This week one of the days for language study I hooked up the "Together forever" dvd produced by the church decades ago and we watched it in Tagalog. Oh its so cheesy. We ate cookie dough and the rest of the cookies we made with Sis Hoopes. good times.

After this week of very very few lessons, more than one 0's in our key indicators, we had a wonderful blessing from the Lord! Last night we met these people and got 2 new investigators!!! it was so cool! we went to teach one of our investigators, Gloria. Her daughter and son in law and their 3 kids were there because it was Sunday night. we started talking to them and we got to teach l1:-1-2. we had such a cool discussion, we asked them how they knew that there was a God, and they said that their oldest daughter, 6 years old, fell in this filthy canal and drowned. They ran after her and fished her out but she was dead. The mom said she was praying so so hard for her to come back, the dad held his daughter in his arms. Brother said that nothing happened until he looked up at heaven and cried out to God to save her. And then, she came back to life! Now they really believe in prayer and that God is watching. We talked about families and their importance. It was such a different feeling to say these things to an ACTUAL family, husband and wife and kids. we shared the truths about eternal families, and about temples. We gave them a pic of the Manila temple. I bore testimony to them that because of the blessings of temple sealings, even if their daughter had died that night they still would be able to be together in the next life. We bore powerful testimony and I really felt the truth of all we were saying fill the room. it was so wonderful! They told us to come back next Sunday, they don't live in our area but they are coming back to their lola Gloria's house so we can teach again. such a blessing!!! such a wonderful end to the week! I gladly would go through all the pain and hard and walking for hours on end in the streets with no luck just to meet them all over again. Missionary work is the work of God, he has a way to gather all of his sheep.

Thats about it for the week, I'm going to leave it here. I'm SO EXCITED for mothers day!!! i want to jump up and down!!! I get to see all your faces and hear your voices!!!! yay you're not just a dream but reaL!!!! so excited. Its going to make my year. I love you all so much and am so grateful for you, I truly have the best family and have been blessed to be born the luckiest girl in the world.

Love you all, 
TILL SATURDAY!!!!!
Sis McG

I love these ppinos, yes its raining, and yes they will go have fun in it









No comments:

Post a Comment