Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Hi po!

yes its true! i got to try climbing a coconut tree
and get my own coconuts! it was super hard
to get up there in a skirt and super high but they
have these little slits in the trunk they cut
with their machetes so its not too hard.
And look at that green. its so purdy
Hello (I already apologize for this crappy keyboard. its gonna be rough buckle up)
Wheew where to begin. This email thing is getting harder and harder for me. Uhh....the week was great and good and hard but good and everything all in one, just like it always is. Maybe this would be easier if I had a prompt or questions to answer or something? Oh well. 

Ok, so this week I went on exchanges with Sister Coons! My kambal! It was her very last one because she's going home NEXT WEEK AHHHH! so so crazy! Anyways the whole exchange was so good and fun, she showered me with advice and we just talked about everything. She has taught me so much from her example being kabahays with her these past 2 transfers. Really, I feel like we've known each other forever! Its really really amazing to me how Heavenly Father can place people in your path who you need just at the moment you need them. Coons is one of those wonderful golden souls :) AH I'm gonna miss her! So so bad. We had a great time on our exchange, I got to show her around our area and introduce her to my people. AH I love my people! I feel like they all are my little babies or children or something. Really, one lady in the ward was talking bad about one of our investigators and I just wanted to pull an Anna and figuratively stand in front of him and get frozen into a heroic statue. HEY! don't mess with him! It felt like she punched my child. But no no, I'm over it, Im just glad I have an arch nemesis now so I can practice being Christlike even more.


But anyway- the exchange. Oh we had the funniest oym's (open your mouth)...people are seriously wacko here! I love oym-ing because I feel like all my great mission stories will come from the weird stuff that people do or are. One lady traded pamphlets with us, her religion is where they worship "lola." I've got a whole brochure about "mahal namin si lola" with the absolute worst graphic design I've ever seen--its all caps serif with no periods and it is like size 10 font and its soooo long with only single space. It burned my eyes. Even if that grandma worshiping church was true I could never even know cause I couldn't read it. 


this is me washing clothes at one of our potential-
for-temple-sealing's house. Filipinos wont let you
serve or ever ask for help you just gotta jump in.
Anyways I've gotten side tracked.....oh there was another oym guy who was hitting on us...the whole time I was writing in my planner everything he said cause its sooo funnY!! I've just gotta tell you when I get home cause it needs the voice and actions that I just can't pull of on this dinky keyboard. Anyways in our evaluation I got all teary eyed cause Coons is leaving and man I just love her. But I'm not gonna be too sad cause we're totally going to cross paths again!

 What else what else I seriously don't know! I had a dream this week I went home and you guys drove me to the house and I walked in and you guys were saying "oh we're so glad youre hoooome chloe! I'm so glad you're back! Oh haven't you missed this? Now you're home!" and then everything started reeling backwards all dramatically and I kept saying "no this isn't my home! this isn't my home!" and I felt so out of place. then I woke up all stressed out...whoow. Just some premature going home stress that's all :) It is strange how much I feel like this is my home though and how much I've just forgotten cause of the mission veil. I'm so glad I've got more time.

    I don't know what else to tell you for real, sorry! I'm just trying to become an even better missionary every day. I don't want to be an ok missionary or even a good one. I want to be the best I possibly can be, the sharpest tool that God can use for His work. I don't want to be just alright. I've got lots of goals and lots of things I'm working on, it takes a lot of work to always be changing and never still. But that's how it should be, I should be always evolving and learning from my mistakes and getting better and better and sharper and sharper. 
   
 I have such a testimony of obedience. I know that it is the only way I am able to speak, teach, learn, everything. How can I ask God for help in this work if I'm not even paying for the price? Even if its just a small thing like going in at night 30 mins early, it doesn't matter how small or slight the thing is, if it's disobedient it's disobedient. I've been developing the whole integrity thing a lot, how to stand up for what you know is right even when others don't want to. It's scary to speak up but always better than the feeling of guilt. All I know is that if I'm obedient I feel good. no regrets :)

Whats some cool stuff now-- oh ok the pics, this is our awesome single dad climbing his buko tree and his child chopping it with a machete for us. We drink it right out of the coconut and then use a spoon to eat the meat. Did you know how healthy coconut juice is? It's like loaded with electrolytes and flushes out your system and it's so so good for you. (Han be jealous) I bought another one in the pelenke today and its chilling in the ref so i can go chug it later :)

Also my pics from this week wont load but the ones from last week will, so go read last weeks emails and look at these pics and next week you hopefully will get this weeks.

Oh ya we had district activity today and went to the beach it was fun.

 Ok ok ok these emails are getting gradually worse I know, send me a question if you want to know something for next week! 








No comments:

Post a Comment