Monday, January 12, 2015

its time to get FUNKY FUNky funky funky erybody clap yo HANDS

Random song to start of emails always make them more fun, right? That song has no relation to anything, turns out I'm actually not jamming at a disco stomping my right 3 times right now.

I'm in a computer shop with my temporary companion SISTER C (shes so the best) because both of us just said goodbye to our departing kasamas yesterday!! It was so sad! Sis S and Sis A left right after church! we took them to the bus station, all their stuff got packed on and in like 2 minutes they were gone! out of our lives for forever! it was so sad! Sister S is so tough and strong on the outside- its like a cultural thing, you've always gotta appear strong, but when I gave her a hug goodbye she got tears in her eyes. She totally would deny it if you ask her, but there were TEARS people! Soft as a marshmallow on the inside. 

Ah man, I was so really sad because for honest, I probably will never see them again in this life! I'm not planning any trips to Tonga or Sis. A's part of the ppines anytime soon. What is this, mission? i become so close to some one and then BAM severed from my life forever! thank goodness for facebook (wow I think that's the first time I've ever said that) so I can keep in contact.
me and a baka (cow). this thing scared the living daylights out of me!
we were walking back down the path at night with our cell phone light cause
we forgot the torch and it stood up came to us and i screamed
SO LOUD! haha i cried. it was so scary and hilarious.

I really am going to miss Sis S! She's so so funny. I've got so many stories. It's been weird living with people on the other end of the mission than me, even Sis C dies next transfer! It's so odd to see them stress about life and school and future and all of the stuff they left behind. Its just weird to have a different perspective of it all, here I am about to start my 4th transfer surrounded by dying people. 

Anyways, me and Sis C go to Naga tomorrow to transfer point and get our new kasamas!!! AHH!! Sis C will have the new sister training leader and I will have some sister, who knows! It's so stressful! but I feel like i can handle anyone, if i could have Sister S I can take anyone. Come on pres, let me at 'er! I've got this.

oh hey update on the S's hair- we spent mannnny  maaany hours in the salon, these gay guys did it for her and it looks good! The whole time I was thinking princess diaries when they whip her all up and straighten her hair- she looked exactly like it at the beginning when they brushed through it all HA. but ya, never doing that. what a waste of time and money and brain cells that die cause of all the chemical fumes in your nostrils? Whatever, suit yourself girls. 

"you broke my glasses!
you broke my brush!"



"and make her......a princess."

OH NO I'm forgetting everything that happened this week! Not a ton of work because Sis C was sick and we had splits to cover both our areas. I went on splits with Sis A and learned a whoooole lot. She's such a good missionary, so talented at everything! She taught me so so much in just one day. Don't worry I wrote it all down in my journal. 


me with a makeshift umbrella- you prob think i look
dumb but people really do this and its not weird. i promise
               Sis S and I spent our last days of her mission life together, our last lesson was with these kids that were being super bad and crazy and I thought S was going to go beat them, she stood up with fists and nostrils flared and she stood up so fast the only candle in the house blew out. In my brain I was like "no...no Sis S don't beat these kids! I know they're crazy but you cant just hit them!" She didn't and sat down and to this day they are all still breathing. Let's just say when we both have kids our parenting styles will be very very different. Haha so ya, that was our last lesson haha. Oh man she is so funny. I'm going to miss her! 

So yep, now its just me and Sis. C in our apartment. Last night we went to the area broadcast that the area presidency gave about goals for the ppines. I hope the wards can turn all these goals into reality. Everyone's really good at making goals but not so great on the whole execution side. 

aaand me and Sis. C in a tricey. ye-haaw.
We bought stuff for mango float this morning after we cleaned and washed clothes (its like graham crackers and sweetened condensed milk mixed with fresh cream in layers with mango slices in between its the BEST) and so that's chilling in the fridge. Were just walking around like 2 white girls on the loose. We get quite the stares as we go. 

Um another thing....the grand total spider count in our apartment is FOUR. WHAT THE HECK. not little ones, those huge monster ones like i sent a pic of! they are so big! seriously like my hand!!! AHHH! and I'm the only one who finds them! 

one was in my closet! 

one was walking towards my desk! 

one was in a bucket i was going to use for washing! 

its like they know i hate them! what am i going to do without Sis S. She just gets a plastic bag, puts her hand in it, and GRABS it with her hand! Ok I'm done ranting. just scared out of my mind that's all. if one touches me i am DONE. DONE I SAY! 

2 crazy girls squeezing a puppy and a kitten

Well I'm really sorry this email is not that great this week, its been crazy and getting S all ready and packed to go. sorry I've got no super inspirational stuff to share or life changing advice. sarrryyy! go fish! 

I love you familee, I love your emails and faces on my wall (I'm not a psycho taxidermist...i mean pictures okay.) I miss you. I am doing so good. I am learning so much, SO MUCH!! there's no way i could ever explain it all. Also I'm progressing in Tagalog! woah woah not fluent, lets not jump to conclusions, but from my first day in Goa to now I can see mad progress. Isn't that weird? I can't see from day to day but looking back on the last 6 weeks everything is so different. I'm excited for this next transfer, I have a feeling its going to be really hard. But that's just how it is, as soon as you get comfortable and good its time to shake it up and take on the next level. So here I go!! wish me luck and keep me in your prayers! 

Love Sis. McGrath 
check out this English!

HAAAA HAA i had to buy it.






No comments:

Post a Comment