Monday, September 22, 2014

More adventures!

 Here's these kids who were running in circles around me!! THEY ARE SOOOO CUTTEEEE!!!!!!!! It kills me!!
OK! Who wants to hear about another week's adventures in the ppines!?! OK GOOD! I actually don't know where to start. We are super super busy, and because I'm in training we have 2 hours of comp study that takes forever when we could be teaching! Ay! its ok though i need training! Ok so what can I say I don't even know?

First about some of God's creations. There are so so so many frogs here, and I found the cutest one in my bathroom! AH! he was presh. Also there are just kittens running around here. Its taking all my willpower. It's so hard. I want to adopt them.  Also a million dogs but they are so gross and flea bitten. Hmm I kill so many ants and roaches all the days. Hmm one flying roach landed on my head in a lesson and i didn't even scream, i just grabbed it out and threw it on the ground.
Here's the streets I walk!

GUESS who's eating balut tonight!?!? ME!!! at bishops house! His daughter is having a bday party and its time. "this is my tiiiimeee to shiiinee". Anyways I'm excited.

Our area: so the people are doing great! We had 5 of our investigators with baptism dates come to church!! YAYYY!! we were so excited! They have to come to church 4 times before they can be baptized and people hardly ever come to church. One of our investigators has TB and is so so sickly, she and her son are really willing to listen though and the have a bd but haven't come to church :( don't worry we sanitize after we go there, apparently its contagious!
Here's us in a trycee on the way to church!

Language: still hard, still trying! Its killer! Agh I don't know what to say. I'm trying not to judge my progress (or de-progress) all the time, because when I do that its not good. But I am progressing, slowly but surely! One investigator was trying to ask me something and he was using hand signals for death and burial, idk what he was saying but it was so funny! The people here are really sweet though. well, ok, they laugh at me, but then they say its ok and understand. Its really hard but I'm up for the challenge! Hopefully it will come. I understood more in church yesterday which is good? Ah i try not to think about it.

What else can i tell you? there is so much but i cant think of anything now!
To answer your questions mama: yes i am getting enough to eat. in fact my kasama told me yesterday I'm getting fat. HAHAHAH!! Filipinos are so blunt its hilarious!
a delish pineapple! the lady just carved this little guy right up for me!

I love the food here and things that are gross before like hot dogs are like manna from heaven. I'm trying all sorts of things, like fish heads! So good and crunchy! I'm actually not sure what I'm eating but its good. After district meeting we go to a restaurant called Alvenos! its so yum you get a little glove and eat with your hand out of a banana leaf. ROCK ON! I'm totally adopting this way of life when I come home.  No dishes! You just throw away the leaf! These people are so wise.

More about a day? wake up 6:30, "exercise", shower, eat oatmeal, personal study one hour, language study one hour (where i fail to teach my companion lesson one, her face is always so scrunchy because I'm doing so bad. wheew.)  Then we go teach one or two lessons in the morning, come home for lunch, have 2 hours comp study, then go out and teach till dinner! We are so busy and its always a problem of deciding who to spend our time on out of all the people we have to teach.
Here's my yummy feet!

I'm doing good! At the end of the day my feet are so dirty, my back hurts, and I'm so so sweaty but my face hurts from smiling so much. I am always smiling over here! I am so happy! Life is great!
THE KIDS!!! Oh my goodness the kids! I'm the first white person they've ever seen and MAN am I getting attention! Every time we walk down the street its "Hiii WHATS YOUR NAME!?!" This week some kids came and surrounded me and were running in circles around me :) I wish I could talk to them! None of them can say Mcgrath its so funny:) its "mgrat" or not even anywhere close. At church they surround me too. These two little twins stand on my feet and I bounce them up and down- it actually kills my feet but its so worth it! these little kids are angels and i love love love them!
 Look at this adorable baby of our investigator at church! she had a sucker and she is soo so so so so ojtihjojshr cutye.
Here's me with an umbrella



The beautiful ppines!

















Here's what Sunday looked like with 2 Liahonas and some pb!

I'm all wet- No its not from sweat this time its because I'm fresh out of the bucket actually :)  and ya this is my life! Isn't my ppines shirt so cute i got it from the airport :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment